Senior Medical Communications Specialist
If you want to know more about the job
you can contact:
Senior Medical Communications Specialist
On behalf of Anthill, we are looking for an experienced Medical Communications professional to support cross-functional teams developing digital solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and brands. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a dynamic digital communications agency operating primarily in the life sciences/pharma/healthcare space.
Anthill is an established and growing digital agency focused on the life sciences. Anthill partners with leading pharma and medtech companies around the world, helping them realize the full potential of digital technologies. Anthill works closely with global and regional teams: ensuring that every project has a strong strategy; developing the technical and creative solutions; building internal belief and support; and scaling adoption across organisations One of the first agencies to specialize in digital life science communications, Anthill prizes innovation and continually pushes the boundaries of what’s possible – opening new opportunities for their clients.
Anthill is on an ambitious growth journey and being a company of 70 people, processes are very agile as they have a flat hierarchy and low amount of stakeholders. You will often speak directly to the CEO and can move quickly on decisions.
At the office in central Copenhagen, you will join a tight-knit team where designers and copywriters work side-by-side with strategists, communication architects, developers and project managers. You will get plenty of opportunity to apply your expertise and experience while further developing your professional skillset. You will be joining an International team with 10+ nationalities, where English is both the official and social language in our office.
The Medical Communication Specialist is an important scientific and medical resource for the whole agency, providing scientific and medical insight to support all their activities, and plays a central role in planning and developing communication materials for our clients across the life science sector.
As well as being responsible for the creation of medical and scientific content, you will also play a key role in developing content strategy to help clients deliver accurate and impactful messaging to their target audience in the right tone of voice, at the opportune time and across the right channel.
You will thrive in finding creative ways to communicate complex medical/scientific concepts to a variety of different stakeholders, both internal and external, and will work collaboratively with our designers, art directors, strategists, marketing experts, developers, and UX specialists, to develop solutions that will modernise the healthcare environment.
The Medical Communication Specialist is a key client-facing member of project teams and acts as a consultant to clients. The role requires a high degree of flexibility and creativity, and offers the chance to work on a wide variety of different projects and therapy areas.
As well as a deep understanding of medical science, great attention to detail and knowledge of the pharma industry, you will have the ability to:
- Understand treatment landscapes
- Quickly learn the essential information about a disease or treatment area
- Understand or perform competitor analyses
- Understand strategy and brand positioning
- Write accurate scientific and commercial copy
- Liaise effectively with clients and contribute to or lead workshops and meetings
- Understand and adapt content for different digital platforms
A possible week:
On Monday and Tuesday you might start your week by developing wireframes for a digital sales aid for a diabetes therapy, writing and structuring statements and key messages while staying true to the science. On Wednesday, have a walk-through with the Brand manager and Head of Medical to present the proposed structure and take in feedback. In the meantime, another client’s got a need for a series of internal emails, to get their team excited about their new multichannel initiative, we take a brief and start thinking about the topics we would cover and how they connect to the clients other digital channels . On Thursday you’re working with Creative to make content changes to design files, we then have a meeting with Tech and UX about the latest online chatbot for an antithrombotic therapy. On Friday, you’re supporting Strategy develop some slides for a proposal on a rare disease space that is looking for an effective digital awareness campaign.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Driving or contributing on medical communication strategy projects
- Building of message houses and orchestration of existing content
- Creating and/or adapting medical and scientific content for a range of digital communication tools
- Acting as a valuable and insightful medical communication advisor for clients
- Leading Modern Marketing transformation related to medical tasks and/or organisations
- Being a key driver in developing Anthill’s strategic medical communication services within modern marketing, human factor understanding and influence in medical content creation and communication
- Engaging and collaborating with commercial to optimize existing client co-operations and projects as well as contribute to new business opportunities, incl. translating scientific or medical content for the creative team
- Providing subject area expertise and guidance to colleagues and participating in client discussions with identification and specification of strategic challenges, objectives, and processes
You act and think like a senior team member and possess the ability to inspire trust and generate excitement, along with enthusiasm and commitment within your team. Hence, you are able to contribute to an openminded and hardworking culture while working together with different teams and personalities.
- Solid experience within a fast-paced and busy healthcare communications or advertising agency
- Knowledge of, or experience working in, the pharma/life-science industry
- Excellent writing skills in English with great attention to detail, accuracy, spelling and grammar
- Ability to digest complex information and translate science, strategy and technical insights into impactful/persuasive copy in an appropriate tone of voice for the audience
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical compliance and codes of conduct
- Knowledge of pharma LMR review and approval processes
- Experience working closely with account handling teams to deliver in line with project briefs, deadlines and budgets
- The ability to manage multiple projects and demands is essential
- Excellent collaborative spirit and communication skills, to work effectively as part of a close-knit team and occasionally leading on projects
- Confident in providing subject area expertise and guidance to colleagues and clients
- Higher education qualification in a life sciences subject, or background in science is an advantage
- Experience of medical or scientific writing and editing is an advantage
- Knowledge of various media platforms, digital marketing channels and strategies is an advantage
With strategic flair and an organized and problem-solving approach, you are able to create structured solutions, communicate across the agency and take initiative and responsibility while showing initiative from the very start. This with drive and commitment making you an excelling Senior Medical Communications Specialist.
If you want to know more about the job, please contact Sandra Wahl by e-mail: email@example.com