Marketing Activation Manager, Retail
Santa Maria at Paulig Group
If you want to know more about the job
you can contact:
+45 2575 6242
Marketing Activation Manager, Retail for Santa Maria at Paulig Group
On behalf of Santa Maria, we are looking for a self-driven, strategic thinking and creative Marketing Activation Manager for retail, where you will be a key driver of local execution of global brand strategies and best-in-class brand and shopper experiences.
About Paulig Group
At Paulig Group, they are united by their purpose – For a life full of flavour. They are a family-owned, international enterprise in the food industry; founded in 1876 and noted for their high-quality products in key sectors such as Coffee, Foods, Spices and Snacks. Their portfolio includes strong brands such as Paulig, Santa Maria, Risenta, Gold&Green and Poco Loco. The group has about 2,000 employees in 13 countries.
Their 3 core values are Stay Curious, Strive for excellence and Grow Together.
Santa Maria is the brand in Denmark and today, they are the Nordics largest producer of the categories Tex Mex, spices, BBQ, Asia and India products. In a short time, Santa Maria has also established itself as a market leader in several countries in the rest of Europe. This is where they see strong growth opportunities for the company. Their goal is to become the largest in Northern Europe in terms of spices and leader in Grill, Tex Mex, Asia and India. Santa Maria is an organisation with an open and welcoming culture, a flat hierarchy and with social events, where you will join a young marketing team with strong collaboration between marketing and sales.
The position unlocks the opportunity to develop outstanding local marketing activation based on European category marketing strategies and communication guidelines, where you, together with the Country Marketing Manager, will be responsible for driving the local implementation of global brand strategies, developing, implementing and following up on yearly brand activation plans in line with central guidelines and toolboxes, developing best in class brand experiences, trade material and shopper experiences.
You report directly to the Danish Country Marketing Manager, and work in close collaboration and pro-actively with the local and central marketing teams on launch plans, new product development and strategic projects together with the local Category Manager to secure optimized instore activation. You will communicate with the central office, from where you receive presentations and samples which are to be adusted to the local market. You will have a close dialogue with the local sales team to ensure strong customer buy-in and help creating strong presentations. Externally you will have the responsibility for contact and collaboration with creative marketing- and media agencies.
The position gives the opportunity to shape your own role, create stronger communication with sales, create new plans for retail and develop a product development process. You will join in a time where you can help solve the challenges of lifting the market shares and creating a higher value for money.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Develop, co-create and implement the local Strategic Business and Marketing plan, together and in close cooperation with the Marketing manager, Category Management & Sales.
- Own the portfolio management process, drive the right portfolio to build the categories, be the lead within the local team and connect with the central Marketing & Innovation team regarding portfolio development, opportunities and insights from a Danish perspective.
- Drive and own the input for marketing communication and media strategy, including budget, in the 3y and 1y planning process and drive the process towards local media partners (Dentsu etc.).
- Strive for excellence in execution on shop floor for new launches, relaunches and campaigns and operate marketing activation efficiency based on ROI.
- Set and follow closely implementation of brand objectives and KPIs in assigned area.
- Act locally as center of expertise in key functional competencies such as branding, communication, channel management, trade, digital etc.
- Follow-up on allocated A&P budgets, recording and controlling spend by activities.
- Provide input to the local customer sell-in process in order to locally adapt central versions, secure strong Go-To-Market plans together with Category Management & Sales.
The position is located at Santa Maria’s headquarters in Brøndby, Copenhagen.
You act with responsibility and possess the ability to inspire trust and generate excitement, along with commitment within your team. Hence, you are able to contribute to an openminded and hardworking culture while working together with different teams and personalities.
You come with a degree in marketing, business administration or equivalent and have marketing experience from a medium to large FMCG company with at least 3-5 years in brand management. You bring fact based and analytical abilities and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. As you will be part of an international team, it is essential that you grasp the English language at a high level, verbally as well as written, and naturally communicate within the language.
Personally, you are a team player, striving for excellence and you are a self-driven, creative and motivated person. You are efficient and have the ability to collaborate with others. You are empathetic and accommodating, and you have an inspiring commercial sensibility that is attuned to delivering value to the business. With strategic flair and an organized and problem-solving approach, you are able to create structured solutions, communicate across the company and take initiative and responsibility while showing initiative from the very start. This with power, drive and commitment making you an excelling Marketing Activation Manager.