Manager, Marketing Data Science for KAYAK/Momondo
On behalf of Momondo, we are currently looking for a passionate Manager, Marketing Data Science to lead the marketing measurement team. You will be joining one of the most advanced and dynamic online marketing teams in the world, and together with your team you will be responsible for assessing how marketing activities across all channels impact the users and market performance.
Momondo is a free and inspirational global travel search site comparing cheap flights, hotels and car hire deals. We think everybody should be able to travel the world, because travelling makes us more open-minded and tolerant.
We offer a global brand that is more than merely a functionality: it is a bold and colorful travel universe that inspires people to travel the world and to be curious about other people, places, cultures and ways of living. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Momondo serves travelers in more than 30 international markets. Momondo is managed by KAYAK.
We’re all passionate about our work, and we all take great pride in opening the world together with our fellow travelers. As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel metasearch brands including Swoodoo, Checkfelix, Momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s’ strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings Inc., the world leader in online travel and related services.
Marketing is critical to KAYAK's growth globally and a big part of our business strategy, hence the marketing team, hence we are investing in data science and analytics to drive the investment and optimization strategy.
As a manager, you will have the opportunity to develop the frameworks and roadmaps to solve marketing measurement challenges in an efficient way, work with the stakeholders to align on priorities, and closely work your team to build the robust measurement solutions. This role involves working closely with the CMO and other leaders in the marketing organization to help them make better data-informed strategic marketing decisions. This role reports into the VP, Performance Marketing & Analytics.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and mentor a high-performing team of data scientists and analysts on a day to day basis working on challenging marketing measurement problems but also collaborating and participating hands-on in multiple projects.
- Own the entire marketing experimentation lifecycle- planning, design, implementation, analysis, and coordination with the relevant marketing teams.
- Transforming analysis into meaningful insights and recommendations towards strategic decisions within marketing that align with business goals.
- Establish innovative ways to understand and seek exciting marketing problems which include deriving valuable data driven insights through the discovery of patterns and trends, experiment designing and evaluation, marketing mix and attribution modeling, lifetime value modeling etc.
- Collaborating and knowledge sharing with the wider marketing technology group that includes data engineering, data science, machine learning and software engineering teams for building scalable and generalizable solutions.
- Stay at the forefront of changes given the marketing data landscape and maintain a roadmap to navigate changes in data privacy and marketing platform technology.
- Grow your team, develop a career development plan for the team members, build team skills, provide training and identify career opportunities.
The ideal candidate comes with 5+ years professional experience in the field of data science & analytics and/or marketing and 2+ years of people management experience. You have experience of working as an analytics leader in a data driven company and aligning with the executive leadership to establish analytics roadmap and inspire change is desirable.
Furthermore, you have experience with hands-on statistical modeling (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing etc.), knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modeling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques) and time-series analysis. You have strong technical competences in order to perform detailed and advanced analytics:
- Ability to write high quality, scalable, maintainable code (we use Python)
- Deep expertise with SQL querying using relational databases (e.g. Snowflake, MySql, Vertica)
You have a global and proactive mindset in regard to build high impact and successful teams, while possessing a collaborative, nonhierarchical and humble leadership style. You have excellent communication skills and will regularly present analysis to influence marketing leaders.