Head of Search
Head of Search
On behalf of GroupM, we are looking for a proactive Head of Search to be accountable for ensuring the quality of operational excellence toward clients and responsible for the daily management of the Paid Search team.
GroupM is the number one global media investment management group. They offer the intelligence to find or create valuable audiences, the power to engage them most effectively and efficiently, and the ability to create desired marketing outcomes. GroupM invests in people, content, technology and data to make its agencies optimally effective and efficient for clients, providing intelligence to find or create valuable audiences and outcomes. Their leadership, inventiveness and scale drive success for their clients, partners and people. GroupM’s teams across the globe are among the most admired in media and advertising, providing the opportunity to clients, partners and their people to learn and grow with innovators and thought leaders.
GroupM is a solid corporation, with a young and dynamic work environment, and offices in the centre of Copenhagen. They are the biggest group of media agencies in Denmark, with Wavemaker, MediaCom, m/SIX, Mindshare, Intelligence Group and Xaxis– and a total of 450 employees.
As Head of Search at GroupM you will work closely with the GroupM services leadership team in Denmark on defining the overall search strategy. In this regard, you will have an active stake in defining and realizing the search strategy by making the right priorities with your team. Aside from building and ensuring the quality of delivery of the paid search operations, you will be expected to assist the agencies in understanding and selling the value of GroupM search services and products. The Paid Search team works across multiple platforms and networks thus you might find that your responsibilities extend beyond search and into Google Display Advertising (GDA), YouTube advertising and Analytics. To succeed in the role as Head of Search you hold excellent communication skills making you able to collaborate effectively with technology partners internally as well as externally, as this is key to the success of the operational output.
In the position as Head of Search your main tasks will be to actively contribute to planning and execution of bi-weekly SEM meetings between agencies, contribute to One Weekly Update (OWU) for agencies actively participate in Search heads meetings, recurring team meetings to ensure baseline skill-level and qualifications, actively review and spar on specialists’ accounts thereby ensuring high quality deliveries and ensure that the team contributes to the case library, i.e. Hero cases as well as optimization cases. Another task of yours will be to continuously contribute to newbiz projects and scopes. Moreover, you will be accountable for certified employees, and it will be your responsibility to ensure that the workflow in the team is aligned with GroupM best practice, and that projects are effectively implemented and managed in your team.
In addition to the above, your key responsibilities will include:
- Definition, design and implementation of projects with the goal of creating a future proof SEM offer
- Accountability for all campaign delivery and performance for the agency’s campaigns in Google Ads
- The establishment of strong relationships with internal stakeholders, identifying and facilitating synergy between the agency planning and search activation functions
- Active and consistent analysis of data and extraction of insights to identify areas of campaign performance growth for all accounts
- Preparation and presentation of internal communication as well as client-facing communication
- Appraisal and presentation of detailed SEM recommendations to designated clients
- Partnering with the other Search Heads as well as internal stakeholders to refine measurement approaches and search roadmaps
- Continuous improvement and expansion of knowledge base to enhance capability within your business area
- Support to agencies and maximization of GroupM’s opportunity of winning new search business
- Being a trusted advisor to the agency and client teams, which means training the agencies in SEM to achieve a better understanding
- Contribution of recurring input to the agency meetings and newsletter to ensure SEM innovations and approaches are clearly represented
- Development, application and sharing of standard methodologies for search campaign operations that are compliant with GroupM best practice
- Ensuring the implementation of Search Excellence across all agency SEM clients
- Support to the team in developing concrete development roadmaps for all clients’ SEM activities
The ideal candidate for the position as Head of Search is a dynamic and self-motivated individual with an ability to drive change. You have 3-5 years of relevant experience from working in a similar position, and your track record speaks of your extensive team leading skills. You feel comfortable setting the direction and you have an ability of seeing initiatives through from conception to implementation. Consequently, you have great managerial and team development capabilities, which will provide you the necessary tools for leading two teams of respectively four and three employees. The responsibility of training and skill development within your own team is a great priority to you. You tend to lead by example, and you are able to combine your strategic flair with a hands-on approach.
On a personal note, you are ambitious, and goal driven, and you have the attitude of a strong problem-solver. You contribute with a structured approach to your line of work, and you hold exceptional organizational skills and multitasking capabilities. You are able to unite your inner “geek” with a natural flair for managing clients, and you are no stranger to managing larger client accounts. Lastly, you are ready to join a vibrant and inspiring work environment and contribute to the continuous journey of GroupM.
If you want to know more about the job, please contact Frida Hamilton by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +45 31 72 70 55.