Head of E-commerce
If you want to know more about the job
you can contact:
+45 2575 6242
Head of E-commerce
On behalf of Wellvita, we are looking for an ambitious and talented Head of E-commerce who will be part of the company’s exciting journey towards state-of-the-art digital marketing and commercial platforms, responsible for setting the direction for the company’s future e-commerce strategy through development, global uptake and maintenance of their e-commerce platform.
Wellvita was founded more than 35 years ago in Esbjerg, Denmark, and has today more than 80 employees in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, The Netherlands and Germany. Moreover, the company has +100.000 customers and an annual turnover of approximately 175 million DKK.
Wellvita works with natural health products and was established with the ambition to help their customers to enhance quality of life through great food supplements - and this is still the essence of the company. Today, it is an innovative healthcare company with a strong focus on expanding and developing a competitive consumer healthcare product line and a loyal customer base through the e-commerce channel. With deep commercial emphasis, Wellvita strives to create the best possible customer experience and ensuring high loyalty and return on investment throughout the entire customer journey.
Wellvita currently drives 80% of their revenue through online sales, but it is expected that they will experience even further growth and higher levels of performance and revenue. To strengthen their online presence, they are hence looking for an experienced Head of E-commerce who will act as main driver in realizing this potential through a combination of solid business acumen and a technical and analytical IT understanding, allowing a smooth and effective penetration of the national and European online market.
The position as Head of E-commerce is brand new, yet a highly anticipated and valued role in Wellvita as well as a unique opportunity to set your personal mark. You will lead a competent team of 6 FTE amd become responsible for Wellvita’s ecommerce websites in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands and Germany, hence be a key player in all phases; from the strategy and vision formulation process and platform development to the roll-out, management and monitoring. From Wellvita’s headquarters in Copenhagen, you will drive the websites and be responsible for setting the direction for the foreign country websites and versions.
With a technical and analytical mindset combined with strong commercial flair, you will be at the forefront of a state-of-the-art e-commerce experience, incorporating new digital visualization solutions of Wellvita’s products for their customers and other stakeholders on both a strategic, tactical and operational level.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Develop the digital e-commerce websites and subsequently steer its global, strategic and commercial initiatives
- Monitor and maintain the technical aspects of the sites to ensure full compliance, hence measure site traffic and optimize and drive traffic to the websites
- Manage all aspects of the e-commerce business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns, internal and external communication, web analytics as well as web technologies and agile methodologies and tools
- Develop and testing new campaigns and strategies including A/B split testing
- Product owner of e-commerce initiatives and the day-to-day backlog: Evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test
- Manage the user experience of the websites including site navigation, content development, and checkout funnel
- Develop and oversee the effective planning, QA and execution of content on the sites
- Coordination with internal and external partners to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeline of all web content publishing across the company’s websites
- Understanding of IT and agile IT project management and optimize KPI’s such as traffic, conversion rates, basket size, etc.
- Develop SEO strategy and secure implementation in each market
The position will include the possibility of gaining management responsibilities.
The ideal candidate holds a degree in (Digital) Marketing, IT or similar, comes with 5-7 years of relevant e-commerce experience, preferably in a global setting, and holds solid commercial skills as well as a strategic and technical mindset. Through your career, you have developed a well-equipped toolbox of e-commerce and online marketing disciplines, hence you know how to oversee digital, commercial and technical strategies, build and develop online sales processes and platform from A-Z and have in-depth knowledge and experience of developing and continuously optimizing online platforms. With a strong understanding of IT and technical aspects of driving e-commerce platforms and activities, you understand what it takes to develop a successful e-commerce site to generate and increase online sales and profitability.
With a strong background within commercialization and tech, you have an excellent understanding of the digital user journey, web design and web analysis and are familiar with the B2C market. Experience with Shopify will be an advantage.
Personally, you are energetic and positive and driven by ambitions and performance. Thereto, you have a true desire to create strong and significant results and you base your strategies on consumer insights and data. With a thorough and diligence approach, you have an eye for detail and always do your best to serve the interests of your organization and keep pace with the competition in the field. You are commercially driven and with a strong drive, you are eager to make your mark in an interesting company on an ambitious journey.
Marcher Markholt handles the recruitment process; If you want to know more about the position, please contact Dorthe Jensen on e-mail: email@example.com.