Global E-commerce Manager
If you want to know more about the job
you can contact:
Lars Holm Marcher
+45 2487 5531
Global E-commerce Manager for Hempel
On behalf of Hempel, we are looking for an ambitious and talented Global E-commerce Manager who will be part of Hempel’s exciting journey towards state-of-the-art digital marketing and commercial platforms, responsible for setting the direction for the company’s future e-commerce strategy through development, global uptake and maintenance of their e-commerce platform.
Hempel was founded in 1915 and has since its foundation been a world-leading coatings specialist, providing protection and inspiration to the world. Today, Hempel employs more than 6,000 people in 80 countries who deliver trusted solutions within the protective, decorative, marine, container, industrial, and yacht markets. The success of Hempel is traced back to the company’s emphasis on R&D, advanced production techniques and professional counselling, which aims at assisting the company’s customers in keeping their investments presentable and in protection of corrosion over a longer time- period. Additionally, Hempel is a multicultural organization, hence the diversity of the company is another foundation of the success of their business activities.
Hempel works towards the overall goal of enhancing the value of its customers, and the company centers its work around the philosophy of staying curious, creative and self-critical in order to offer the customers a high standard within quality and service.
Hempel is in the midst of an exciting journey in reforming their Group Marketing Organization, focusing on cutting-edge marketing technologies and capabilities to reach ambitious goals and positions in the global marketplace. The Group Marketing Organization is located at Hempel HQ in Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark.
The position as Global E-commerce Manager is brand new, yet a highly anticipated and valued role in the Hempel Group Marketing Organization. You will be part of the Digital Marketing team within the Group Marketing Organization, reporting directly to the Global Digital Marketing Lead and have a constant global orientation. As part of the Digital Marketing team, you will be responsible for expanding the digital marketing efforts and maintaining the digital purchase and self-service platform ‘My Hempel’. Hence, you will become a key player in all phases; from the strategy and vision formulation process and platform development to the roll-out, management and monitoring.
In close collaboration with your colleagues in Group Marketing, and with a strong technical and analytical mindset, you will be at the forefront of a state-of-the-art e-commerce experience, incorporating new digital visualization solutions of Hempel’s products for their customers and other stakeholders on both a strategic, tactical and operational level, and moreover play a strong part in developing the overall omni-channel strategy.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop the digital e-commerce/self-service platform ‘My Hempel’ and subsequently steer its global, strategic and commercial initiatives
- Monitor and maintain the technical aspects of ‘My Hempel’ in collaboration with Hempel Digital to ensure full compliance, hence measure site traffic and optimize & drive traffic to the platform
- Establish and drive global ‘My Hempel SWAT team’
- Manage all aspects of the e-commerce business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns, internal and external communication, web analytics, as well as web technologies and agile methodologies and tools
- Product owner of e-commerce initiatives and the day-to-day backlog: Evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test
- Manage the user experience of the e-commerce/self-service platform including site navigation, content development, and checkout funnel
- Develop and oversee the effective planning, QA and execution of content across ’My Hempel’ and hempel.com to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing
- Train-the-trainer: Training of sales and customers
- Coordination with internal and external partners and vendors
- Overall operational responsibility for SEO & SEM development, including coordination with marketing and media agencies
- Understanding of IT and agile IT project management and optimize KPI’s such as traffic, conversion rates, basket size, etc.
Hempel currently drives a remarkable amount of online revenue, but it is expected that ‘My Hempel’ will provide even further growth and higher levels of performance and revenue. Hence, as Global E-commerce Manager, you will act as main driver in realizing this potential through a combination of solid business acumen and a technical and analytical IT understanding, allowing a smooth and effective penetration of the global online market.
The ideal candidate holds a degree in (Digital) Marketing, IT or similar, comes with 5-7 years of relevant e-commerce experience in a global setting and holds solid commercial skills as well as a strategic and technical mindset. Through your career, you have developed a well-equipped toolbox of e-commerce and online marketing disciplines, hence you know how to oversee digital, commercial and technical strategies, build and develop online sales processes and platform from A-Z, thus have in-depth knowledge and experience of developing & continuously optimizing online platforms, including e- commerce, CRM and marketing automation. With a strong understanding of IT and technical aspects of driving e-commerce platforms and activities, you understand what it takes to build a successful e-commerce platform to generate and increase online sales and profitability.
With a strong background within commercialization and tech, you have an excellent understanding of the digital user journey, web design and web analysis and are familiar with both the B2B and B2C market on an international level. As Global E-commerce Manager, you will work in close collaboration with the Global Digital Marketing Lead in reaching objectives, ambitions and goals of the Digital Marketing team.
Personally, you are energetic and positive, and as an innovate team player, you have a true desire to create strong and significant results, and you base your strategies on consumer insights and data. With a thorough and diligence approach, you have an eye for detail and always do your best to serve the interests of your organization and keep pace with the competition in the field. You thrive in large organizations, know how to manage a variety of internal and external stakeholders and enjoy working in an international context. Moreover, you are dedicated in achieving ambitious ideas, and with a strong drive, you are eager to make your mark in an interesting company on an ambitious journey.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Lars Holm Marcher via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +45 2487 5531.