Chief Marketing and Digital Officer
If you want to know more about the job
you can contact:
Chief Marketing and Digital Officer
On behalf of GripGrab we are looking for a strategic oriented and digital savvy cycling enthusiast as Chief Marketing and Digital Officer to lead their international marketing and digital operations and develop their marketing and digital strategy.
GripGrab is one of the fastest growing companies in the cycle clothing industry. Driven by a passion for innovation and development—their mission is to enrich lives through cycling—by creating world-class products and content that inspire and enable anyone to experience the joy of cycling.
On their next growth journey, they invest in marketing and digital-led growth. Therefore, GripGrab is looking for an experienced Chief Marketing & Digital Officer (CMDO) to lead their international marketing and digital operations and develop the marketing and digital strategy. The CMDO will be in charge of accelerating a team of enthusiastic marketing and digital professionals and will direct an important growth pillar for GripGrab.
As Chief Marketing and Digital Officer you will lead GripGrab’s marketing and direct-to-consumer digital activities together with a team consisting of eCommerce and Customer Services, Brand & Digital Marketing and Retail Marketing. You will as member of the Executive Management team together with the CEO and CPO, be central for GripGrab’s international expansion in Europe and in the US. The goal is to ensure the company’s marketing and digital efforts are successful in helping them outperform competition, and you will be in charge of securing that GripGrab reaches this goal.
As Chief Marketing & Digital Officer you are responsible for leading all digital and marketing functions anchored in excellent people management and leadership skills. This includes being responsible for developing and driving their global marketing- and branding strategy while creating a digital visualization solution of their products for their customers on both a strategic, tactical and operational level.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Develop a clearly defined and compelling marketing & digital strategy and challenge/optimize existing go-to-market strategies and internal processes.
- Optimize and grow GripGrab eCommerce to have between triple and double-digit annual growth rates.
- Establish and drive benchmarks to determine effectiveness of marketing & digital programs and support decision making.
- Develop and deploy marketing and digital playbook; ensure effective roles & responsibilities, day-to-day operations and optimization based on a structured playbook including clear content production guidelines across all touchpoints.
- Drive marketing effectiveness and share marketing best practices to ensure the right marketing strategy is in place.
- Set creative direction and standards; assess brand awareness and marketing plans, budgets, based on customer research, business needs, and market trends.
- Endorse best-in-class customer experience at all touchpoints across functions; define and implement metrics to track customer satisfaction; conduct annual customer surveys and analysis of customer complaints.
- Assess customer-facing platforms to ensure GripGrab is on the forefront of innovation, including ecommerce, social media, review sites and automated marketing tool suite etc.
The Chief Marketing & Digital Officer (CMDO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer
The ideal candidate holds a degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital or similar, comes with +10 years of relevant experience and a proven track within marketing or eCommerce-lead growth from a similar role. You possess demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, consumer lead gen, product promotion etc.), and have the
ability to apply marketing/digital techniques and software over digital (e.g., eCommerce, social media) and non-digital (e.g., press) channels. Preferably you have experience with Shopify, Klaviyo and Gorgias.
Furthermore, you have strong analytical, and data driven decision-making skills. You are a creative thinker and come with an innovative and disruptive mindset. You can balance a practical approach with a creative business acumen and lead people through complex operations with clear priorities.
Personally, you are energetic, positive, and driven by ambitions and performance, while having an entrepreneurial attitude and being a strong self-starter. With a thorough and diligence approach, you have an eye for detail and always do your best to serve the interests of your organization and keep pace with the competition in the field. You are commercially driven and with a strong drive, you are eager to make your mark in an interesting company on an ambitious journey.
Since GripGrab is a passion brand it is important that you have a sincere personal passion for cycling.