Business Intelligence Manager for Wellvita
On behalf of Wellvita, we are looking for an analytical and data driven Business Intelligence Manager, who will be overall responsible for conducting analysis and gather requirements to build first-class end-to-end analytical solutions using Power BI in support of Wellvita’s growth and performance strategy.
Wellvita was founded more than 35 years ago in Esbjerg, Denmark, and has today more than 80 employees in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, and is additionally present in France and Italy. Moreover, the company has +100.000 customers and an annual turnover of approximately 200 million DKK.
Wellvita works with natural health products and was established with the ambition to help their customers to enhance quality of life through great food supplements - and this is still the essence of the company. Today, it is an innovative healthcare company with a strong focus on expanding and developing a competitive consumer healthcare product line and a loyal customer base through the e-commerce channel. With deep commercial emphasis, Wellvita strives to create the best possible customer experience and ensuring high loyalty and return on investment throughout the entire customer journey.
In 2019 Wellvita was bought by new interesting owners and to strengthen and expand Wellvita’s digital presence, they are now looking for a commercially driven Power BI executive to apply advanced analytics to impact business decisions, helping achieve the company’s ambition of becoming a market leader within the category.
As Business Intelligence Manager, you will be a key member of the organization, responsible for creating and managing BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. You will be responsible for managing data and advanced analytics initiatives, data integration, business intelligence, and data warehousing as well as for customer profitability, customer segmentation, and KPI structure & setup. With strong business acumen and solid technical hands-on skills and experience, you will translate complex business issues and requirements into structured analytics use cases, leverage best practices in UI/UX for data visualizations and create relevant, innovative and impactful dashboards. This to enhance Wellvita’s business intelligence system to help the company make better data-informed business decisions and drive decision making processes.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Power BI development and administration
- Building Analysis Services reporting models
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop
- Connecting data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence and subsequently manage the delivery of data and report on platforms and solutions to create meaningful models
- Developing, testing and iterating analyses that will reveal insight and opportunities for the company and additionally build end-to-end analytical solutions
- Establish and drive the data strategy and Wellvita’s long-term BI strategy and roadmap in close collaboration with business stakeholders
- Stay in touch with current trends and tendencies, identifying future customer needs, industry trends, metrics and KPI benchmarks
- Customer segmentation, market sizing and competitive intelligence
- Driving customer centricity
The position is located at Wellvita’s offices in Copenhagen where you will play a central role in the company’s growth journey with an extended emphasis on disciplines such as customer insights, data and analytics and the use of Power BI. You will refer directly to Wellvita’s new CMO.
The ideal candidate holds a degree in Business Intelligence, Economics, Information Management, Computer Sciences or a similar digital and technical discipline and comes with at least 5 years of relevant experience working with insights, Power BI and analytics within a similar, data driven strong environment. You are a digital native, have experience with big data technologies and advanced data analytics and have demonstrated expertise within Power BI.
To succeed in the position, following qualifications are necessary:
- 5+ years of experience in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports
- Solid understanding of Power BI development life cycle and Power BI trends, hence able to implement row level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI
- Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with warehouse standards
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements
- Experience in developing custom visuals for Power BI and able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS) or by API automation
- Experienced in SQL
- Knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis
- Excellent communications skills, verbally as well as written, and able to disclose insights and findings to a differentiated audience
Personally, you thrive in an analytical and digital environment and are both attentive and organized, energetic and positive. You are passionate about the digital landscape and strive for continuous professional development. Accordingly, you are a digital frontrunner and always up to date with the latest trends within business intelligence and Power BI and keep pace with the competition in the field. With a thorough and diligence approach, you have a great eye for detail and are dedicated in achieving ambitious ideas. At last, you come with a great drive and are eager to make your mark in an interesting company on an ambitious journey.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Klaus Markholt-Hansen on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dorthe Jensen on e-mail: email@example.com.